Rules and regulations
- Notify the reception if you are spending the night away from the dormitory.
- In case of fire, the firefighters will spend unnecessary time searching for you if you are unaccounted for. The reception will then be responsible for knowing your whereabouts.
- The kitchen wants to be notified of how many students are expected for meals.
- Check the bulletin boards by the reception for new messages
- Check your mail slot every day. Mail and messages from the reception will be left here for you.
- Please observe instructions given by the receptionists, Residental Managers and night watchmen during quiet hours.
- Drink alcohol in the common areas
- Alcohol regulations in Norway are quite strict and prohibit drinking of alcohol in public places. You may be fined for doing so (from NOK 3,000).
- ISS rules prohibit alcohol consumption in common areas at BS. If you would like to drink alcohol, we suggest you visit a pub or go somewhere else.
- Smoke inside. Norwegian law prohibits smoking inside all public buildings. House regulations prohibit smoking inside all buildings at BS and other dormitories.
- Disturb other residents after quiet hours (23:00)
- Bring overnight guests
Published Nov. 9, 2016 5:12 PM - Last modified May 8, 2017 10:52 AM