40-gruppe - Sanskrit (40SANS)
Through the study of the ancient Indian language Sanskrit and the literature written in this language, the students will be equipped with well founded knowledge about the older (`classical´) Indian culture, but also about its present day impact and importance. Sanskrit, one of the oldest known Indo-European languages, has remained for more than 2500 years the most important and widely used literary and scientific language in the Indian subcontinent. Even today Sanskrit serves as a trans-regional language in many contexts. The focus of the program lies on classical Sanskrit and its literatures, including the present day applications of the language.
- acquire basic language competence.
- be familiar with the basic grammatical structures
- be able to read elementary texts.
The 40-group is a good starting point for further independent work with Sanskrit texts.
Emner i emnegruppen
Relevant for følgende studieprogrammer og studieretninger
- Asia- og Midtøsten-studier (bachelor)
- Språk (bachelor) (under utfasing)
- Historie (bachelor)
- Klassiske språk (bachelor)