Start learning Norwegian today!
The web has many different possibilities if you want to practice Norwegian on your own. Here is a collection of some of the best.
Courses and exercises:
The following requires a minimum of knowledge of Norwegian:
- IGIN is a good and accessible online resource developed by Kirsti Mac Donald for practising Norwegian at three different levels. Interactive grammar exercises with answers and simple explanations.
- Welcome to Exploring Norwegian Grammar by Kirsti Mac Donald contains interactive exercises for self-study and practice. The exercises are related to the book Exploring Norwegian Grammar, but can also be used independently.
- Free online exercises based on the elementary level course book Norsk på 1-2-3 by Kristi Mac Donald and Elisabeth Ellingsen.
- Free online exercises based on the elementary level course book På vei by Kirsti Mac Donald and Elisabeth Ellingsen.
- Free online exercises based on the elementary level course book Med tusen ord by Olaug Strand.
- Mestizo Centre for Language and Culture offers several online courses, and some of them are free: Norsk for deg!
- GREI: Learn Norwegian faster with these online games. Practice with words order and sentence analysis.
- Cappelen Damm free exercises webpage: Interactive exercises of the publisher's textbooks in Norwegian, useful also for those who don't have books.
- VOX: Interactive Norwegian as a second language.
- My language exchange-dot-com: Learn to speak Norwegian. Language Exchange via Email, Text Chat and Voice Chat.
- Norword: Collection of Norwegian language lessons.
- Bokmålsordboka: Official dictionary with definitions and vocabulary – all in Norwegian.
- Lexin: Norwegian dictionary with translation to English and 12 minority languages in Norway (Arabic, Dari, Kurdish – Kurmanji , Sorani, Persian, Polish, Russian, Somali, Tagalog, Tamil, Tigrinja, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese).
Published Apr. 28, 2016 1:33 PM
- Last modified May 8, 2018 2:42 PM