Start learning Norwegian today!
The University of Oslo provides Norwegian language classes for international students and staff. We are currently revising our plans to see how these courses may be expanded to include course offers to refugees.
Meanwhile, we have made a list of Norwegian Language Resources free of charge available online.
Courses and exercises:
• Free online course for basic Norwegian language preparation.
The following requires a minimum of knowledge of Norwegian:
• IGIN is a good and accessible online resource developed by Kirsti Mac Donald for practising Norwegian at three different levels. Interactive grammar exercises with answers and simple explanations.
• Welcome to Exploring Norwegian Grammar by Kirsti Mac Donald contains interactive exercises for self-study and practice. The exercises are related to the book Exploring Norwegian Grammar, but can also be used independently of the book.
• Free online exercises based on the elementary level course book Norsk på 1-2-3 by Kristi Mac Donald and Elisabeth Ellingsen.
• Free online exercises based on the elementary level course book På vei by Kirsti Mac Donald and Elisabeth Ellingsen.
• Free online exercises based on the elementary level course book Med tusen ord by Olaug Strand.
• Mestizo Centre for Language and Culture offers several online courses, and some of them are free: http://norskfordeg.no/
• Bokmålsordboka. Official dictionary with definitions and vocabulary – all in Norwegian.
• Lexin. Norwegian dictionary with translation to English and 12 minority languages in Norway (Arabic, Dari, Kurdish – Kurmanji & Sorani, Persian, Polish, Russian, Somali, Tagalog, Tamil, Tigrinja, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese).