Visa & permits
Possible requirements pertaining to visas and permits must be checked and followed up upon well in advance of your planned arrival in Norway. These preparations lay the ground for a smooth and efficient relocation experience. If you bring family, each member must be registered individually with the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI), but you can use the same account in the UDI application portal.
- If your intended stay in Norway is less than 90 days, you do not need to apply for a residence permit.
- However, depending on your nationality, you might need a visitor's visa to enter Norway. Check if this applies to you and how to proceed on the webpage Want to apply to visit Norway (udi.no) of the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI).
- Please note that an application for a visitor's visa must be supported by a written invitation by your host unit at the University of Oslo.
- If you are a Nordic national
- If you are an EU/EEA national
- If you are a non-EU/EEA national formally employed by UiO
- If you are a non-EU/EEA national not formally employed by UiO