Finalising registration for EU/EEA nationals

If you intend to stay in Norway more than 90 days, you need to finalise your registration through a personal meeting with the immigration authorities upon arrival.

Appointment at the Service Center for Foreign Workers

If you have followed the instructions outlined in visa & permits you should have an appointment at the Service Center for Foreign Workers ( Meet on time and bring with you the following documents:

  1. Notification of move to Norway form (pdf) (, filled in.
  2. Your passport or National ID card containing a photo of you as well as indicating your citizenship and gender.
  3. A property purchase or rental contract valid for at least 6 months
    If the rental contract is older than 3 months, you must also bring confirmation from the owner that the contract is still valid.
  • If employed by UiO:
    1. Your employment contract
      If the contract is older than 3 months, bring confirmation from your local personnel officer that the contract is still valid.
    2. Application for tax deduction card
      We recommend you follow the procedure to get a tax card as an EU/EEA national.
  • If not employed by UiO:
    1. Invitation letter from your department stating the purpose and length of your stay
    2. Documentation of having enough money to support yourself and any accompanying family members
    3. Documentation of private health insurance or your European Health Insurance Card

What happens next?

Did you find what you were looking for?
Published Sep. 19, 2018 2:22 PM - Last modified Sep. 4, 2019 12:57 PM