CityStudio 2020 – learn while making a difference in Oslo!
Do you want to make Oslo more sustainable and at the same time gain credits and work-related experience? Collaboration, urban development and sustainability are keywords for the course CityStudio Oslo, which is now recruiting a new cohort of students for autumn 2020.
From a student project in CityStudio Oslo, where students illuminated and marked a walkway to Majorstuen from Blindern, "Majorstien", testing how walkability in the city can be improved. (Photo: OsloCity Studio / UiO)
UiO, NMBU, OsloMet, AHO and Oslo municipality offer students a unique opportunity to develop projects through a course called CityStudio Oslo. These student led projects help make Oslo a better and even greener city to live in.
An interdisciplinary study that leaves a mark in the city
As a student at CityStudio Oslo, you identify and refine a challenge or problem through dialogue with actors such as the municipality, business and residents. As part of the course, you test possible solutions by designing, planning and executing a suitable project in the city.
Get in touch!
Want more information about CityStudio Oslo? Fill out our contact form.
About the course
- The course is offered at the Department of Sociology and Human Geography at UiO
- The course is taught in collaboration with NMBU, AHO and OsloMet.
- Many guest lecturers also visit the studio to lead workshops.
- Students who follow the course will have a solid interdisciplinary platform and will also become well acquainted with the municipality of Oslo and the challenges one of Europe's fastest growing cities must solve.
- The course is open to students at UiO, NMBU and OsloMet who have completed 120 credits in their bachelor's degree.
- The course is taught Monday to Friday from 09: 15-15:30 during the period August to December. High attendance is compulsory.
- In 2020 the course is offered at bachelor's level. The language of instruction is English.
How to apply for admission to CityStudio Oslo?
There is limited capacity and students who want admission to the course must submit an application and undergo an interview.
Success in 2019
- CityStudio Oslo was implemented for the first time in 2019. A total of five projects were completed and presented in Oslo City Hall.
- The course is nominated for DIKU's award for quality in higher education and has received very good feedback in evaluations.