Campus closing for students
The government will implement new infection control measures from 23 January at 12.00. Teaching will be digital for all students, and the campus is closed to students until 31 January 2021.
To prevent the spread of the mutated British variant of the corona virus, the government has introduced new measures in ten municipalities, including Oslo. The measures will initially last until 31 January 2021.
For the University of Oslo, this means that:
- Digital teaching is introduced for everyone. All teaching, including exams and planned events, must be postponed or made digital. Campus is closed to students.
- All employees must work from home, as far as practically possible.
- All employees (incl. PhD, post doc) who need access to the buildings, must use card and code.
- Any presence on campus must be clarified with your immediate supervisor.
- The university library is closing
- The reading rooms are closing
- Student cellars are closed
– We understand that powerful measures are needed, and that this is a demanding situation for the students. Fortunately, we have well-functioning digital teaching, and we hope that this closure will be as short-lived as possible, says Svein Stølen, Rector at the University of Oslo.
The faculties will facilitate for students to pick up books in bookcases, etc.