Who will represent you on the University Board?
This spring, new members will be elected to the University of Oslo's board. A total of four employee representatives will have a very important influence on the strategy and direction of the University of Oslo over the next four years. You can meet them at a digital election meeting on 2 June.
A new board is to be elected at the University of Oslo. Photo: Pexels
– I encourage absolutely everyone to use their right to vote for the candidates they think will do the best possible job for UiO. At the election meeting, the representatives will present their top issues, and it is possible to submit questions to the candidates prior to the meeting, says University Director Arne Benjaminsen.
Four employee representatives
Representatives are to be elected from among the permanent scientific staff, the temporary scientific staff, and from the technical-administrative staff. Together with two student representatives and four external board members, they will form the University Board from 1 August 2021 to 31 July 2025 under the leadership of Rector Svein Stølen.
The election meeting
On Wednesday 2 June at 10.00, there will be an election meeting where the candidates briefly present their platforms. Aslak Bonde is chairing the meeting. It is possible to exit and re-enter the meeting in order to follow your particular staff group.
The schedule for the meeting is:
- 10.00-10.50: Permanent scientific staff
- 11.00-11.35: Temporary scientific staff
- 11.40-12.10: Technical-administrative staff
Who can you choose from?
From the three categories of employee representatives, there are a total of fifteen candidates to choose from.
Candidates in the group permanent scientific employees
- Professor Jan Helge Solbakk
- Professor Finn-Eirik Johansen
- Associate Professor Ingrid Lossius Falkum
- Professor Mariel Aguilar-Støen
- Professor Helge Jordheim
- Professor Helene Amundsen Nissen-Lie
Candidates in the group temporary scientific employees
- Doctoral Research Fellow Elisabet Garcia Gonzalez
- Doctoral Research Fellow Stian Kogler
- Doctoral Research Fellow Viktor Balch Barth
- Postdoctoral Fellow Linda Kristina Joelsson
Candidates in the group technical-administrative employees
- Section Manager Linn Kristin Stølan
- Senior Adviser Marianne Midthus Østby
- Advisor Brita Langeid
- Senior Adviser Hanne Bjerknes
- Adviser Hanne Skjølås Nygaard
The election opens on 31 May and lasts until 7 June.
The new board members will take office on 1 August.