Curriculum vitae Tove Kristin Karlsen, Deputy University Director
Tove Kristin Karlsen was appointed Deputy University Director in 2006.
Date of birth
20 January, 1952
Cand.mag. degree, University of Oslo (UiO)1979, with sociology intermediate level (mellomfag), history and public and international law basic level (grunnfag). The Solstrand Leadership Development Programme and the leadership development programme of the Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration/AFF 1992-1993.
- Acting University Director, UiO
- Deputy University Director, UiO
- Managing Director, Norwegian Academy of Music
- Faculty Director, Faculty of Social Sciences, UiO
- Head of Department (deputy) for Organisational Development, Finance and Human Resources, Faculty of Social Sciences, UiO
- Head of Section for Finance and Human Resources, Faculty of Social Sciences, UiO
- Head of Section (temporary position), responsible for academic affairs at the Faculty of Social Sciences, UiO
- Executive Officer, Department of Academic Affairs, Faculty of Social Sciences, UiO
- Member of the Museum Committee, Norwegian Association of Higher Education Institutions, appointed from 1 January 2008 - 31 December 2011.
- Deputy Chairman and Board Member, Nordic Association of University Administrators (NUAS).
- Board Member, Foundation for Student Life in Oslo (SiO) and SiO Forretning AS.
- Chairman of the Board, Barony Rosendal and Weis-Rosenkrone Foundation (DWRS).
Previous elected offices
- Board member, Norwegian Centre for Research Cooperation with France, 1998 - 2004
- Deputy member of the National Committee for the University Libraries, 2000 - 2003
- Secretary, National Conference for Faculties of Social Sciences, 2002 - 2003
- Member of the interim board for the establishment of a new Centre for European Studies (ARENA), 2003
- Board member, Studentkaféene AS (subsidiary of The Foundation for Student Life in Oslo), 1994 - 2003
- Board member and Deputy Chairman, Centre for International Climate and Environmental Research (CICERO), 1999 - 2001
- Board member, Norwegian Center for Child Behavioral Development (Atferdssenteret AS), 2002 - 2003
- Member of the interim board, UiO Technology Transfer Office AS, 2003
- Managing Director of UNIRAND AS, 2003
- Member of the Faculty Board, Faculty of Performing Arts, Oslo National Academy of the Arts, 2003 - 2004
- Chairman of the interim board of the Norwegian Language Council, 2004 - 2005