How can we help you?
The Ombud for Students is an independent and neutral resource for the university's students.
We provide you with help to see the opportunities available in respect of any challenges and problems which are related to your everyday studies and which you do not think can be resolved by other bodies at the university.
You can come to us without any referrals and our services are free. There are no obligations attached to your contact with us.
Please contact us when:
- You have a problem and don't know who to contact.
- You have a problem and are unsure about what to do next.
- You have a problem which you have reported, but you feel that no-one is listening or you do not receive a reply in time.
We can help with the following:
- Resolve matters at the lowest possible level whenever possible.
- Ensure that your rights are safeguarded throughout the process.
- Provide you with details about your rights and obligations as a student at the university.
- Participate as a neutral third party at meetings between you in your capacity as a student and the university.
- Read through draft applications or appeals.
- If you are thinking about reporting anything of a controversial nature, we can provide you with details about circumstances such as harassment, bullying or breaches of security procedures and about what to do next.
- If you would like to submit an anonymous report, you can do this through the Ombud for Students.
The Ombud for Student's services are based on the values incorporated by independence, professionalism and integrity. We strive to achieve objectivity in our approach to our work so that we can treat students fairly and without advantage. Our mandate includes setting up a framework for our work.