Regulations and guidelines
The research training is governed by the Act relating to universities and university colleges and local regulations. Programme information may be found at the faculty's own pages.
Please note that the English translations are for information purposes only. For all legal purposes, the original documents in Norwegian are the authoritative versions.
- Regulations for the degree of Philosophiae Doctor (PhD)
- Regulations for the degree of Doctor Philosophiae (Dr.Philos.)
- Ethical guidelines for supervisors at the University of Oslo
- Guidelines for international cooperation on doctoral degrees (joint degrees)
- Guidelines for entering into joint supervision contracts (cotutelle agreements)
- Guidelines for the evaluation of Norwegian doctoral degrees
- Guidelines for conducting the public defence