Qualifying grant for female associate professors
Apply for grant funding in order to get more time to qualify for your professorship promotion!
- NOK 100.000 per grant
The 10 grants are covered by the University of Oslo's central equality allocation.
The main purpose of this grant is qualification for promotion to professor. The grant can be used to buy time off from teaching and administrative responsibilities. In this way, the funds give you the opportunity to dedicate more of your time to conducting research, writing articles etc.
- You must be female and employed at the University in at least a 50 % position as associate professor.
- The head of your department must have been informed and have approved your application.
Criteria for grant allocation
- You must fulfil all prerequisites.
- The application must emphasize the purpose of the grant and show in which way the purpose of the grant can be achieved. How much time you need to reach the competence needed to be promoted to a position as a professor is relevant to the application.
- The grant cannot be used for the following:
- The stipend is personal, but hiring a scientific assistant can be accepted if it directly supports the purpose of the grant.
- Travel expenses. Mobility must be linked to the purpose of the grant.
- For writing proposals or grant applications
- Laboratory equipment
- The faculty will prioritize the applicants if needed.
The application deadline for the qualifying grant in 2022 is postponed to May 6, 2022 at 11:59 PM.
Equality Adviser Marie Johanne Talleraas, Department of Personnel Support