The processing of advances is resource-intensive. Therefore, advances are only provided under exceptional circumstances.
How you avoid the need of a travel advance
- Book your trip through UiO's travel agency.
- Pay your trip and your expenses during the trip with your UiO credit card and make use of the agreement of postponed payment.
- Submit your travel expenses claim immediately upon your return. Your travel expenses will normally be refunded before your credit card payment comes due.
- Advances are only provided to persons who are formally employed at UiO.
- The minimum amount for an advance is NOK 3 000.
- A new advance will not be allocated until a previous advance has been settled.
Travel that qualifies for an advance
- Trips where a conference fee, hotel or other expenses have been paid by the employee in advance. Note: Such advances cannot be settled until the trip has been completed.
- Trips to destinations where credit cards cannot be used.
- Submit the application form for advance (word) to your local accounts unit for attestation and authorization.
- For travel advances of NOK 10 000 or more an estimate of the expenses must be attached to the application form.
- The local accounts unit forwards the application to the Reimbursement Group at the Payroll Office for payment.
- For advances to be paid out, the application must reach the Payroll Office by the last voucher deadline prior to departure, check the Payroll Office's schedule for salary and travel reimbursements.
- Travel advances for research stays can be disbursed up to 90 % of the allocated amount.
- Travel advances are disbursed at the earliest 1 month prior to departure.
- Advances are paid in the first and third week of every month, except in July, when payment is only made in the first week. For specific dates, see the Payroll Office's schedule for salary and travel reimbursements.
- No checks are made out for travel advances.
- Travel advances must be settled within one month of the completion of the travel.
- Fill in a travel expenses claim form on paper and submit it with the required documentation to your local accounts unit. Note: Travel advances shall not be settled in the HR portal.
- Any amounts due are paid in accordance with the payroll schedule.