A number of preparations must be made before you book a trip.
Mind the environment
UiO is committed to acting as environmentally-friendly and cost-effective as possible. Therefore, always start your travel planning by checking our green travel tips!
- All travel must have the prior approval of your manager with budget allocation authority. See Government travel allowance scale for domestic travel section 1 paragraph 2 and Government travel allowance scale for international travel section 1 paragraph 2 (lovdata.no) (Norwegian).
- Before the travel, register a travel request in the self-service portal, see user guide (dfo.no).
- Apply for financial support, where relevant. Check if there are any relevant funding sources at your unit, or contact your manager to find out your options.
- A credit card must be used to pay for business travel and all types of business-related expenses. UiO has an agreement with Eurocard Corporate Gold, which is a payment card for which all employees have personal liability. The annual card fee is covered by UiO and provides the option of postponed payment.
- Travel that is paid for with the card is covered by Eurocard’s travel insurance.
- Register your credit card details in the self-service portal (dfo.no). Note: You have to do this, even if you had your card registered in the old HR portal. By registering your credit card details, see how you upload credit card transactions as travel vouchers in the self-service portal (dfo.no). Furthermore, you avoid manual registration of your business expenses or waiting for the invoice from Eurocard before submitting a travel expenses claim.
How to apply for a credit card
- Have your UiO employee number and BankID available. You can find your employee number on your payslip in the self-service portal, see the user guide (dfo.no).
Note: Credit card transactions will not be imported into the self-service portal if the employee number is missing.
- Register your UiO email address on Eurocard's application portal (eurocard.no) and complete the online application form.
Note: Since the card basically is an ordinary personal credit card, but with the annual fee payed by and the conditions customized to UiO, you will be asked to disclose your annual gross income, wealth, the overall debt of your household, your main bank connection and other credit cards you might dispose of.
- Sign your Application electronically by using BankID or Bypass. If you do not have the opportunity to sign electronically, press the alternative that you will sign manually. If you choose to sign on paper, you must print the completed application and attach a copy of a valid ID document confirmed by your manager. The documents are then to be sent to Eurocard, Branch of Eurocard AB, v / EDB Card Services AS, 8607 Mo i Rana.
- Based on your application, Eurocard conducts a personal credit check.
Note: The result will only be communicated to the credit card company and yourself, not to UiO.
- Register your credit card details in the self-service portal (dfo.no) to ensure that transactions are made available for travel and expense reimbursements.
Important information for you who have lived in Norway for less than a year
It is not always possible for the supplier to carry out an ordinary credit check for employees who have been resident in Norway for less than one year. In order for applications from these employees not to be rejected, the following must be done:
- Submit an application form like everyone else.
- When the application has been sent, you or your manager or HR contact person must contact the supplier and let them know that the applicant has been resident in Norway for less than one year and submit documentation on employment conditions and salary. This is sent to email@example.com.
Note: Persons with a temporary D number can not get a credit card with personal responsibility, but can get this when they have received a permanent Norwegian ID number.
Contact the Eurocard customer service (eurocard.no) (Norwegian) to ask any questions you have about your credit card.
When leaving UiO
If you have a credit card through UiO and terminate your employment here, contact Eurocard customer service (eurocard.no) (Norwegian) and let them know if you wish to terminate your customer relationship or keep your credit card under other terms. If you choose to end the customer relationship, you do not need to return the card, but merely shred it.
All travel must be booked through Berg-Hansen. You need a profile to be able to book. When you log in for the first time, a profile will automatically be created for you, but you must update it yourself with the correct information, such as your credit card details.
All travel bookings must be linked to your UiO e-mail address, and this address must be included in your profile.
- Log in using your UiO username and password. Note that the portal is not supported by the browser Edge.
- Click on the arrow beside your name at the top right corner. Click the “Profile” link that appears. You can then edit your profile under the various menu options at the top of the screen. Note: Don't enter any information into the password fields, your UiO login is already activated!
- Your profile follows the payment method you had with Egencia (UiO's previous travel agent) so there is no need to make any changes. If, on the other hand, you need to update your profile or credit card information, this can be done in the portal. Apply for a credit card if you do not have one. See below for alternative payment methods.
- Make any necessary changes, and remember to save them.
UiO only provides advances in exceptional cases. See the web page about travel advances for information about how to avoid needing a travel advance, and possibly to find out whether the trip you are planning qualifies for an advance.
- Use of your own vehicle must be approved in advance through travel request in the self-service portal (dfo.no).
- For every stretch driven, the date, complete address of starting and ending point, number of kilometres and names of any passengers must be specified on the travel expenses claim.
- For compensation see Section 6 of the Government Travel Allowance Scale (Norwegian) (regjeringen.no).
- A rental car ;must be ordered in the portal of UiO's travel agent Berg-Hansen.
Stays abroad require special planning and a number of practical preparations, especially if you are staying for a longer period and your partner and children will accompany you. See the checklist for helpful advice and tips about stays abroad.