Reimbursement of travel expenses to guests
Do you neither receive salary nor fees from UiO and claim reimbursement of travel expenses, please follow the procedure outlined below.
During the journey and your stay at UiO
Keep all original receipts! Familiarize yourself with the documentation requirements for reimbursements.
After your stay at UiO
- Reimbursement claims for travel expenses must be submitted within one month after the trip is completed.
- Fill out the expense reimbursement form (word) / (odt).
- If you do not have a 11-digit Norwegian identification number, you must provide your passport number.
- If you request reimbursement for subsistence and mileage expenses, you must submit a travel expenses claim on paper.
- Payments can only be made to private bank accounts. If payment is to be made to an organization or company, an invoice must be sent to UiO. Obtain a reference number from the unit at UiO that will reimburse your travel expenses.
- If payment is to be made to a foreign bank account, you must also fill out the form for payments abroad (pdf).
- The address on the form must match 100% the address registered by your bank.
- For payments to most European bank accounts both IBAN and BIC addresses must be specified. Read the instructions on the form concerning payments to countries without IBAN.
- For payments to other countries, there are other requirements. Check with your bank which requirements must be met in order for you to receive foreign transfers on your account. UiO pays in NOK, SEK, DKK, EUR, GBP, USD, CHF, AUD and CAD. For countries that do not have any of these as their official currency, UiO transfers in USD, except for Iceland where UiO transfer in NOK.
- In the field Beneficiary / Account holder the name of all owners of the account must be specified, not only the name of the person requiring reimbursement, for example "Mary and John Andersson."
- You will be charged for banking and exchange fees.
- Send the signed form together with all required documentation to the unit at UiO that will reimburse your travel expenses.
Payment of reimbursement
- Reimbursements are normally paid twice a month, see payroll schedule.
- Usually it takes at least six weeks from the date of submitting the claim to UiO until the amount is transferred to your account. Payments to foreign countries may take considerably longer.
- Check payments (Norwegian) are only made in very special cases.