For personnel managers
UiO has implemented a number of measures to stimulate physical exercise amongst employees. Your attitude and engagement as personnel manager with regard to these measures is vital in making UiO a healthy, safe and pleasant work place.
This is how you can contribute
- Familiarize yourself with the measure for exercise during work hours and the green prescription.
- Contribute to make your employees aware of the exercise courses offered by UiO. You could for example regularly initiate a discussion in your unit on how you can use physical exercise to create fellowship.
- Urge the employees to put forward their own wishes and ideas about how to integrate physical exercise at the workplace.
- Make simple agreements with those who wish to exercise.
Why facilitate physical activity?
- Physical activity promotes health, provides excess energy and can contribute to increased well-being.
- People who are physically active and in good physical shape are less sick than people who are not active.
- Physical activity is well documented to prevent and treat over 30 different diagnosed health problems and conditions.
Section 3-4 of the Working Environment Act states that:
In connection with the systematic health, environmental and safety work, the employer must consider measures to promote physical activity among the employees.