Use an electric car at work
If you are a UiO employee with a valid driving license, you can borrow an electric car for business travel. Up to five cars are available for UiO employees through electric car pool MoveAbout.
Who can use the scheme?
- The scheme is open to all staff at the University who hold a valid driving licence and who need transport during working hours. The Estate Department is billed for the usage.
- As a registered user you can also use the cars privately, both if you are a student or an employee. For private use your registered private payment card will be charged.
This is how you get started
- Register as a company member at MoveAbouts website (moveabout.no) (Norwegian).
- Enter registration code "UiO".
- Use your UiO e-mail address when you enter your e-mail address .
- If you do not have a University e-mail address ( this applies, for example, to employees of the Student Parliament), Move About will approve your UiO affiliation manually.
- Scan or take a photo of your driver's license and upload it on the page.
- Accept the agreement terms .
- You will receive an e-mail with your username and password and can initiate the order.
- The use is recorded on you with time for pickup and delivery.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS after every order. You will also be informed about how to unlock the car.
- Every time you book a car, you must specify whether the use is work-related or private.
- Even when the use is private, you must be registered as a business customer.
- The Estate Department is billed directly for all work-related use (this may be omitted in the long term).
- Your registered bank card will be charged for private use.
- The use of the car is subject to the general provisions that apply to all users of MoveAbouts services ( moveabout.no) (Norwegian).
- UiO covers the deductible on insurance matters for work-related use.
- UiO has no financial liability for fines and penalties .
- Business travel must not exceed 150 km.