Use an electric car at work
All UiO employees with a valid driver's license can lease an electric car for business travels. It's environmentally friendly and you can skip the travel expense invoice.
The carpool is open to all University staff who hold a valid driver's licence and need transport during working hours. The Estate Department is billed for the usage. Private use is also an option, which will be charged to your registered private payment card.
- Register as a company member at Move Abouts website (moveabout.no) (Norwegian).
- Enter registration code "UiO".
- Register your UiO e-mail address.
- If you do not have an UiO e-mail address, Move About will approve your UiO affiliation manually.
- Scan or take a photo of your driver's license and upload it.
- Accept the agreement terms.
- You will receive an e-mail with your username and password and can initiate the order.
- The use is recorded on your account, with fixed time for pickup and delivery.
- You will receive a text confirmation after every order. This includes instructions on how to unlock the car.
- Every time you book a car, you must specify whether the use is work-related or private.
- The Estate Department is billed for all work-related use (this may be omitted in the long term).
- Your registered private payment card will be charged for private use.
- The use of the car is subject to the general provisions that apply to all users of Move Abouts services (moveabout.no) (Norwegian).
- UiO covers the deductible on insurance matters for work-related use.
- UiO has no financial liability for fines and penalties.
- Price list (moveabout.no) (Norwegian)
Pick up and delivery
- The cars are parked by Lucy Smiths hus at Blindern.
- Pick up and deliver the car at this spot.