Registering travel expenses claims in the HR portal
All employees given access are to file travel expenses and outlay reimbursement claims electronically via the HR portal. This page provides a guide to registering travel expenses claims electronically. See separate guide for registering outlay reimbursement claims.
1. Create and fill in your report
- To file a Travel expense claim, select Travel and Expenses in the Employee Self-Service window.
- Then select Create travel and expense reimbursement.
- Select the schema that describes your trip from the drop-down menu and select Start.
- Note: For security reasons, open registration processes are automatically disrupted after some time of inactivity. If you need to keep a registration process open for a longer period of time, be sure to save made registrations by clicking the Save draft button (see the second screen shot below). You find saved registrations that have experienced a time disruption among My travel and expense reimbursements under the tab Outstanding.
- Fill in the details of your travel expense report.
- Enter the start and end dates and times for the trip. 
- Select destination.  If registering multiple destinations, see How do I use the Multiple Destinations feature?.
- Select type of trip from the Regulation according to recidency drop-down menu. The type A: Hotel is most commonly used, but beware that it requires hotel accommodation. 
- Note: You must select the appropriate travel regulation. Claims submitted with the value Mandatory Field or a blank value selected here will be returned to you by your attestant.
- Briefly explain the reason for the trip.  Additional information may be added in the Comment Box.
- Check the Per Diem Reimbursement for Meals box if you are to receive a subsistence allowance. 
- Select Save Draft in order to generate a travel number . You must perform this step in order to upload attachments.
- If some meals are covered by outside sources, select Enter Deductions for Meals.
- For example, two days' lunch may be included in a conference fee.
- Select Accept.
Receipts and all required documentation are to be attached electronically:
- Make sure that all documents you intend to upload meet the requirements for electronic attachments.
- Select Attachments. 
- Select Browse  to select a document from your desktop.
- Select the desired document, and then Open. Now select Upload  in order to attach the document to your claim.
- See also the specifications for creating valid attachments.
- You may delete uploaded attachments by selecting the line corresponding to the entry and then selecting Delete Attachment .
- You may also add URL addresses of relevant websites via the attachment type Link, or a comment to your documents via attachment type Note.
Once relevant attachments have been added, select Enter Receipts.
- Select New Receipt to register expenses. 
- Select Expense Type. 
- Enter the amount from the receipt. 
- Select the correct currency. 
- Enter the date of payment. 
- The system automatically updates the correct exchange rate to NOK for the selected date.
- Accommodation costs require specifying the duration of the stay. 
- It is also required that you state the name and address of your lodging. 
- Select Accept entry or Accept and New Entry if you wish to register further expenses. 
- Register any other expenses.
- Note: If you claim compensation supplements for travel abroad (lovdata.no) (Norwegian), register these in the column Expense Type as Salary element.
- You may add expenses incurred previous to the trip, but it is recommended that you include an explanation for the cost.
- Payment for future travel and events are advances, and must not be filed with regular travel and expense reports in the HR portal.
- Select Accept entry once the final receipt has been added.
4. Review and submit your report
- Select Review.
- You will be notified of any expenses outside the duration of the trip.
- Select Proceed if the entries are correct.
- A summary of the registration is displayed. 
- Select Display Expense Form to see a detailed draft of the report. 
- If you are prepared to send the report activate the radio button Save and Send for Approval  followed by the button Save and Save for Approval .
- If you want to save the expense report and finish the registration later, select Save Draft.
- The registration has been sent.
- Select Display Expense Form to open the final expense report. The report will open as a PDF document in a separate window.
- Make sure that an expense report number has been generated.
- Review the document and make sure that the displayed information is correct.
- Your claim is sent electronically to your attestant for review. When the attestant approves the claim, it is sent to your closest superior with budgetary responsibilities (BDM) for approval.
- If the attestant finds that the claim does not meet the requirements for approval, it will be returned to you for correction. You will be notified of the returning by e-mail. Necessary corrections may be made by accessing the claim in My travel and expense reimbursements or via your inbox in the HR portal. Complete the corrections and then send the claim for approval again
- The expenses will be reimbursed at the first travel and outlay reimbursements payroll after your claim has been approved.
5. Monitor processing status
Once the registration of your expense report has been completed, you can follow the processing status in the HR Portal:
- In the Employee Services, select My travel and expenses reimbursements.
- Select the desired tab . In the image below, the Approved, past 12 months tab has been selected.
- The Processing Status column  shows the current status of each entry.
- Note: For the correct Processing Status to appear, you can not select the first tab All My Trips. If you have selected this tab and are recommended to Change your expense report, ignore this unless you have received an e-mail from your local accounts unit specifically asking you to correct the expense report.
- For exact payment dates check the payroll schedule.
- Under processing: You have not sent the registered expense report for approval and must return to step 3 of the registration process to do this.
- Released for approval: The expense report is awaiting attestation and approval, i.e. is being processed at your local unit.
- Approved: The expense report has been attested and approved by your local unit and is awaiting payment approval by Reimbursement Group at the Payroll Office.
- Approved and settled: The expense report is on file for transfer to bank.
- Transfered to FiRe: The payroll has been run in SAP and the file is on its way to the bank.
- Expected payment on [date]: Production date of the bank file, payment usually takes place a few days later.
- Paid on [date]: Date on which the expense claim was actually paid out.