Applying for transfer of residual vacation days in the HR portal
In the transition period from one year to the next, employees may apply for a transfer of unused vacation days from the previous year. The possibility of applying for a transfer of holidays usually is available from the last week in December and closes on 28th of February.
- To apply for a vacation transfer, select Working Time in the Employee Self Service window.
- Select Vacation transfer.
- The Vacation Quota Transfer frame is displayed.
- The Vacation quota information area displays the following:
- The years that the applications relates to.
- The vacation quota for the previous year.
- Days transferred from years prior to the previous year and days from the fifth vacation week for senior employees are not included in the calculation.
- Transferred vacation days and the fifth vacation week are deducted prior to the regular vacation quota when applying for vacation.
- The number of vacation days spent in the previous year.
- The number of days available for transfer to the current year.
- The Transfer vacation quota area displays the following:
- The Number of vacation days transfer. The HR portal will always suggest the total number of remaining vacation days. This number may be edited down, but not up.
- The Reason for vacation transfer field. A reason must be included if the transfer applied for exceeds 14 days.
- Select Submit when you have filled in the required information. Then select OK to send the application.
- The application is confirmed and sent to your superior for assessment.
- Note: It may take several days from an application is approved and until the transferred days are visible in the HR portal.