Marianne Midthus Østby
I am the elected Deputy Leader of the Norwegian Civil Service Union (NTL) at UiO.
With its 50,000 members, NTL is one of the largest trade union federations in the public sector. NTL UiO is the local trade union association at the University of Oslo and has 1,600 members.
Anyone employed by UiO can join us. We have members within all job categories, academic staff, technical staff, managers, operating staff and administrative staff. It does not matter what education or job you have, whether you are a temporary employee or have a part-time job. NTL will work to ensure good wage development and safe working conditions for its members. We also have a separate organization for students. The width of the membership composition strengthens a comprehensive policy and common interest struggle.
- Board member of The University Board for the period 1.8.2017 - 31.7.2021 (representative of the technical and administrative staff)
- Member of the University Board's appointment committee
- Employee representative NTL UiO, Faculty of Medicine
- Member of the Recommendation Council, Faculty of Medicine
- Member of the board of NTL UiO
- Co-judge in labor law cases (Oslo District Court)
- Cand.polit. (political scientist) – Public policy and administration, University of Oslo 2004