Recording of webinar on the crisis in Venezuela
What are drivers, transitions and pathways out of Venezuela’s crisis? View the full recording of webinar 4 June 2020.
Part 1: Democratic deterioration and the prospects for a negotiated solution
2. Francisco Alfaro: Political archipelagos in a storm: Coalitions, actors and autocratization.
3. Leiv Marsteintredet: With the cards stacked against you: challenges to a negotiated transition to democracy in Venezuela
4. Javier Corrales: Democratic backsliding through electoral irregularities: The case of Venezuela
Part 2: Economic and security crisis in a changing world order
1. Natalia Gan: Rule of law crisis, militarization of citizen security, and effects on human rights in Venezuela
2. Tom Legler: A story within a story: Venezuela’s crisis, regional actors, and Western hemispheric order upheaval
3. Alejandro Cardozo Uzcátegui and Víctor Mijares: The versatile amalgam: Interests and corruption in Russia-Venezuelan relation
Special Issue on the crisis in Venezuela
In European Review of Latin American and Caribbean Studies (ERLACS), 2020.
The special collection and the webinar is hosted by the Oslo Academy of Global Governance at the Centre for Development and the Environment (SUM, University of Oslo), and co-sponsored by the Washington Office on Latin America (WOLA).