Apply for conference or other event support from UiO:Life Science
Academic employees and students at UiO can apply UiO:Life Science for funds for partially financing of open events that are in line with the initiative's strategy. The last application deadline was 1 June 2019. The next deadline is 1 December 2019.
The events must support at least one of the six focus areas in UiO strategy for life sciences
- Strengthen quality and interaction in research
- Recruit, educate and develop talents
-Promote innovation in the life sciences related to environment and health
-Life sciences, ethics and society
-Interaction and internationalization
The purpose of the event support from UiO:Life Science is
- to stimulate interdisciplinary collaboration
- and support the initiative's six focus areas (see fact box).
The support from UiO:Life Science should primarily be given to events which aim to promote greater cooperation across faculties. The events have to be open and take place after 1 July 2019.
We encourage scientists within both health-related and environmental-related life sciences to apply.
Costs that can be covered
Each applicant may receive a maximum of NOK 50,000 and the contribution of the UiO:Life Science may not constitute more than half of the budget for actual expenses, working hours not included.
The support from UiO:Life Science may for example be used to hire a venue, filming of the event, refreshment or travel and accommodation for national or international speakers.
When the university is one of several organizers
In cases where UiO is one of several organizers, employees at UiO must have real influence on the program and budget, and the UiO participation must be of a certain size. The other organizers must provide support in the same magnitude as UiO.
Evaluation of applications
After the application deadline UiO:Life Science and a committee will evaluate the applications.
Your application will not receive support:
- if the budget is not specified
- if the event is not open
- if the event is a regular departmental event in lieu of faculty or departmental funding
- if the same (single) event already has received support from UiO:Life Science
- if the event takes place before 1 July 2019
- if UiO employees do not have real influence on the event
If we cannot support all the applications, applications will be given priority according to:
- Events which aim to promote greater cooperation across faculties will have priority.
- It will count positively that both MedNat and HumSam environments are co-organizers.
- Applicants who have not received support before will have priority.
All applicants will receive a response within one month after the application deadline.
Applicants that are funded must submit a report to UiO:Life Science within three months after the event.
Visibility of support
The support from UiO:Life Science must be made visible on the event's website at uio.no and elsewhere. Depending on the support's shape and size it could be appropriate to have the initiative's logo (Norwegian logo or English logo ) .
UiO:Life Science in turn will inform about the event in the event calendars and newsletters. Those who receive support, should document the event or what came out of it, for example through the filming of the actual event or writing about the event on uio.no within one month after the event has taken place.
Applications deadlines for this support will be every 6 months (1 June and 1 December)
Questions can be sent to email@example.com.