Apply for summer research project in life science 2019
UiO:Life Science will fund 40 educational summer research projects for students between April and September 2019. All students currently enrolled in a bachelor, master or relevant professional degree program at the University of Oslo are eligible to apply. The application form opened on this web page 15 January at 8 AM, and is now fully booked.
Students will perform research addressing health and disease, environmental issues or other topics related to life science.
Research will be under supervision integrated in a research group within life science at the University of Oslo, Oslo University Hospital or Akershus University Hospital for six weeks full-time equivalent during the summer. The exact work plan will be set up by the project leader and the student when the student is assigned.
A stipend of NOK 40 000 will be provided.
- The application form opened on 15 January at 08.00 and is now fully booked.
- The first 100 applicants will be admitted to the matchmaking seminar on 5 March from 14.00 to 17.00 in Vilhelm Bjerknes’ hus, auditorium 1 and lobby.
- In the seminar you will meet researchers presenting projects. You will subsequently rate the projects, and the project leaders will rate the students they have met. UiO:Life Science will then combine the ratings and assign projects to 40 students.
- The 40 students assigned to projects will receive a contract to be filled out together with the project leader, agreeing on the work to be done.
- All students must make a poster on the project and your learning outcomes for the closing event on 15 October from 14.00 to 17.00.
- In September you will be offered a seminar on scientific presentation techniques, including poster design.