Funding of new convergence environments
UiO:Life Science funds convergence environments – interdisciplinary research groups that address major challenges within health and environment. In November a third call will be published.
Six convergence environments were selected after an application process in 2016/2017. The second call was announced in the autumn 2018, with eight new converge environments being funded for 2019-2023. We expect this time to fund five or six projects. The call will be published on 3 November. See the timeline for other important dates.
Tuesday 3 November 2020
- The call is published. Invitation to sign up for workshops and create scientific profile.
Tuesday 8 December and Thursday 10 December 2020
- Information meetings (digital)
Thursday 21 January 2021
- Deadline for signing up for workshops and creating scientific profile.
Thursday 18 February 2021 and Tuesday 2 March 2021
- Workshop 1 and 2 (speed-dating).
Friday 26 March 2021
- Deadline for submitting project proposals (phase 1) and suggesting experts and review panel members.
Monday 7 June 2021
- Deadline for full applications (phase 2).
Thursday 4 November 2021
- Final decision by UiO:Life Science board.
Wednesday 10 November 2021
- Results publicly announced.
Monday 2 May 2022
- First date for employment in positions.