Darwin Day 2019: Darwin's finches
Welcome to the annual Darwin Day lectures at the University of Oslo! Lectures by Peter R. Grant, B. Rosemary Grant, Arkhat Abzhanov and Leif Andersson. Since Darwin’s time insights from the fields of genetics, genomics, behavior and ecology have continued to illuminate how and why species evolve. At this event you will hear about the progress that has been made in our understanding of speciation and related topics.
- The event is held in English.
- No registration required.
- Visit the Darwin Day web page at CEES for more information about the event:
- Peter R. Grant & B. Rosemary Grant, Princeton University (USA)
40 years of evolution: Darwin’s finches on Daphne Major island
- Arkhat Abzhanov, Imperial College London and Natural History Museum (UK)
Shaping the beaks of Darwin's finches: developmental mechanisms of the famous adaptive radiation
- Leif Andersson, Uppsala University (Sweden)
Evolution and ecological adaptation as revealed by whole genome sequencing of Darwin’s finches and other species