Novel Methods for Personalized Cancer Therapy
In this seminar international experts and junior speakers from the UiO:Life Science convergence environment PerCaThe will discuss innovative methods for personalized and precision cancer therapy. Topics covered in the seminar include drug sensitivity screening, machine learning and combined mathematical, statistical and imaging methods for cancer modeling and simulation of drug treatment.
- 13:00 - 13:10: Kjetil Taskén (Institute for Cancer Research, OUS) and Arnoldo Frigessi (Oslo Centre for Biostatistics and Epidemiology, UiO and OUS) - Introduction
- 13:10 - 13:40: Tero Aittokalio (Institute for Cancer Research, OUS and Oslo Centre for Biostatistics and Epidemiology, UiO) - Predictive modelling of drug treatment responses
- 13:40 - 13:50: Sigrid Skånland (Institute for Cancer Research, OUS) - A functional approach to precision medicine
- 13:50 - 14:10: Break with refreshments and mingling
- 14:10 - 14:45: Francesca Buffa (Department of Oncology, University of Oxford) - Network-wise precision medicine
- 14:45 - 14:55: Xiaoran Lai (Oslo Centre for Biostatistics and Epidemiology, UiO) - Modeling, inference and simulation of personalized breast cancer therapy
- 15:55 - 16:30: Rebecca Shipley (Institute for Healthcare Engineering, University College London) - tba
- 16:30 - 16:40: Torgeir Mo (Institute for Cancer Research, OUS) - Radiomics of breast cancer treatment response
- 16:40: Closing remarks
The event is also open for participants of the Nordic Real World Evidence Conference organized by the Pharmaceutical Industry which takes place in the same building.