UiO:Life Science shall strengthen quality and interaction in research. Our primary instrument to achieve this goal is the funding of convergence environments – interdisciplinary research groups that address major challenges related to health and environment/sustainability. We established six groups, convergence environments I, after the application round in 2016/2017 and eight groups, convergence environments II, after the application round in 2018/2019. A new application round for funding of convergence environments III started in 2020.
The convergence environments that were established in 2017 study man-made pollutants, the peculiar immune system of codfish, embryonic development, personalised cancer therapies and new technologies to handle both disease and pollutants.
The convergence environments that were established in 2019 will study diabetes, organ donation, consciousness, the immune system, evidence in rape cases, mental illnesses, medicinal plants and cancer
Units at UiO with life sciences research
- Department of Oral Biology
- Institute of Clinical Dentistry
- Department of Chemistry
- Hybrid Technology Hub (HTH)
- Centre for Cancer Cell Reprogramming (CanCell)
- Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies in Rhythm, Time and Motion (RITMO)
- Norwegian Centre for Mental Disorders Research (NORMENT)
- The Faculty of Law