- The UiO:Nordic has a board consisting of members representing all participating Faculties. Board
- An Administrative Manager, Mari Bergseth-Hasle. From 01.05.19 to 01.04.20 Tor Erik R. Johnsen is functioning administrative manager.
- An Academic Director, Haldor Byrkjeflot
- The Faculty of Humanities hosts the initiative.
Goals and plans
The main goals for UiO’s Nordic initiative are to:
- Generate new knowledge about Nordic characteristics in an international context.
- Use inter-disciplinary approaches as a means to achieve UiO’s strategic plan in the period until 2020.
- Increase the scope of external funding.
- Reinforce our collaboration with external social interests and users.
- Reinforce inter-disciplinary educational programmes, relevance and quality of studies.
Collaborate with UiO:Nordic
UiO:Nordic will seek to develop long-term collaboration with selected social institutions and organizations in Norway, the Nordic countries and internationally.
The Nordic initiative will be funded from three sources:
- Funds from the University Board.
- Contributions from participating departments and faculties.
- External funds, for example from the EU and the Research Council of Norway.