UiO:Norden call for open access support for publishing
UiO:Nordic is an interdisciplinary initiative at UiO aimed at promoting new and relevant knowledge on the Nordic region and Nordic perspectives in an international context, partly through a critical focus on concepts and notions of ‘the Nordic model’.
As part of its partnership in ReNEW (Reimagining Norden in an Evolving World), UiO:Norden will provide open access grants to researchers from University of Oslo and scholars associated with UiO:Norden activities. Open access is intended to ensure broader dissemination of research on Norden, especially in a global context.
UiO:Norden open access support can be applied for on a competitive basis and applicants must be conducting research within the themes of ReNEW.
Open access support is available for payment of open access fees for books, journal articles and book chapters. The publication must have been published within the last two years or will be published in the next six months.
Access will be for gold or green open access. The anticipated level for a contribution are 5,000 to 15,000 NOK for articles/chapters and 10,000 to 50,000 NOK for books. (In exceptional cases, can support for articles be increased up to 20,000 for articles and 100,000 NOK for books.)
The criteria against which open access grants are assessed:
- The relevance of the publication to ReNEW themes.
- The importance of broad dissemination of this research
- Contribution from applicant/other institutions to open access payment
- The impact factor of the journal or status of publisher
- Whether the publication is connected to a UiO:Nordic initiative or ReNEW partner.
The applications will be considered by a UiO:Norden committee.
- Applications are submitted electronically.
- Required attachments for open access: (1) Proposal – maximum 1 page (2) Link to open access policy of publisher (3) Copy of publication.
- The next call will be in August 2019.
ReNEW/UiO:Norden funding should be acknowledged in the publication or a scholar’s or project’s website.