Seed funding for developing courses within sustainable energy and energy transition
UiO:Energi announces funding for the development of courses at bachelor and master level within the fields of sustainable energy and energy transition.
With this call UiO:Energy aims to support the development of courses at bachelor and master level within the fields of sustainable energy and energy transition. The funding will cover the development of relevant courses during the start-up period.
Courses should thematically cover one or more of the four main research areas identified by UiO:Energy. Application deadline: open ended in 2022
What can you apply for?
- To develop new courses open for students across several study programs
- To develop existing courses that, with minor adjustments, can be made available across several study programs
- To further develop existing courses that, with major adjustments, can be made available across several study programs.
UiO:Energy will award funding up to NOK 100.000 to develop new courses, and up to NOK 75 000 to develop existing courses.
- The funding will only cover expenses related to development phase and teaching during first semester
- The funding only covers the development and management of courses the first time it is given
- The courses must be owned and administered by the department/center responsible for providing the course (applicant).
Examples of what you can use the funding for
- Purchase of release time (frikjøp) for involved academic staff for the development of the course as well as for teaching the first time the course is given
- Salary of project employees during the development phase of the course
- Fees of external lecturers
- Development of teaching arrangements and teaching materials
Who can apply?
All departments/centres at UiO responsible for study programs or courses may apply. The department/centre with program responsibility (or equivalent) owns the application and is the responsible recipient for the allocation of funds.
Evaluation of applications
UiO:Energy will evaluate the applications based on the following criteria:
- Relevance for sustainable energy and energy transition, and then especially for the UiO:Energy thematic research areas
- Accessability for students across study programs.
Applications will be evaluated and awarded by the Director of UiO:Energy.
Open ended application, deadline in 2021