Let`s talk about Energy
An evening with talks from scientists about their research related to harvesting and using energy. The event will be held at Skatten Oslo on Thursday 13th of June at 19.00. This event is meant for the general public so bring your friends and family for an evening of interesting talks from inspiring scientists!
There will be four talks, followed by a panel debate about the next generation energy systems. The speakers are:
- "The social life of energy shortage: ‘Load shedding’ and its end in a Nepali town", Mikkel Vindegg, UiO, Department of Social Anthropology
- "CCMS – Carbon Capture in Molten Salts", Heidi Samuelsen Nygård, NMBU, Faculty of Science and Technology
- "Flexibility in Energy Systems - Why 100 % Renewables is a Challenge", Lotte Løland Nordal, Statkraft - Strategy Development
- "Can we make fuel in the future from... simply air?", Athanasios Eleftherios Chatzitakis, UiO, Centre for Materials Science and Nanotechnology
The presentations will be followed by a panel debate on:
- Next generation energy systems
Follow the event on facebook.