Call for seed funding 2018 - UiO:Energy
UiO:Energy announces seed funding to strengthen energy and energy related research, fall 2018
Through this call UiO:Energy strives to stimulate activities that can strengthen and support UiO’s energy and energy -related research in relation to major international and national calls, e.g. Horizon2020 and ENERGIX. To strengthen the development of relevant research groups at UiO, we also support activities that involve collaboration between different researchers as well as external research partners and stakeholders. International collaborations will be prioritized.
The proposed projects should thematically cover one or more of the four identified main research areas identified by UiO:Energy and lie within the scope of our mandate. The proposals will be evaluated mainly on the scientific quality of the proposed projects/activities. The funds awarded by UiO:Energy are given to support the home institution of the applicants, and require their approval.
Maximum funding per application is 400 000 NOK.
Seed funding may cover the following activities
- Workshops and/or travels for development and positioning of scientific projects/groups
- Open seminar series where units at UiO are main organizers
- Expenses in relation to writing an application for UiO researchers or external collaborators/consultants
- Temporary appointment of researchers, mainly as Prof II’s, from other national and international academic partners to strengthen the research group and long-term collaborations
- PhD/Post.Doc/Researcher positions. This is a measure for strengthening more mature projects/research collaborations. UiO:Energy does not generally have the funding for full financing of such temporary positions, but we may cover shorter periods e.g. at the start/end of a given position provided by a home institution. You may also ask for partial coverage of temporary positions.