Call for summer research projects 2020
UiO:Energy will fund educational summer research projects between April and October 2020 for 10 students enrolled in their last year of a bachelor program, or in their first year of a master-program at UiO. We now invite UiO researchers to suggest projects for one or two students per research group. The application deadline is January 25th 2020.
Summer research projects should have an educational profile and give students hands-on experience with sustainable energy research. The projects may address a societal challenge and, if possible, have an interdisciplinary perspective.
Last year Marianne Zeyringer from Department of Technology Systems proposed the summer reserach project: "A spatial analysis of the wind and PV capacity potential in Norway." Read more about the project here.
About the scholarship
- The proposed summer research projects should thematically cover one or more of the four main research areas of UiO:Energy.
- Students will perform research under supervision integrated in a UiO research group within sustainable energy. It is imperative that the students are offered a meaningful, supervised research project and not just do menial tasks for the research groups.
- Each student will receive a scolarship of NOK 40 000 for their effort.
- Funding is for six weeks full-time equivalent (reduced time per week down to 50% for 12 weeks can be accepted).Ideally, we would like the research period to be during summer recess, but UiO:Energy will fund any period such that research in concluded before November 1st 2020.
- The exact work plan will be defined by you as researchers or research group in dialogue with the assigned student(s).
Regarding the selection of candidates:
- Students enrolled in 5th or 6th semester of a bachelor-program or 1st year of a master-program at UiO may apply.
- The final selection of candidates will be done by project provider (you) and UiO:Energy within 1st of April based on the following criterion:
- Academic proficiency (grades and experience)
- Motivation letter and relevant competence for the project at hand
For any questions regarding uiO:Energy summer research projects contact: Øystein Moen
Submitting summer project proposals:
Please fill out the form below and upload a project description.
Supervisors are expected to commit enough time to guide the students and also participate at a final half-day gathering in the fall after all projects have been completed.