The Centres for Environment-friendly Energy Research (FME) carry out long-term research targeted towards renewable energy, energy efficiency, carbon capture and storage (CCS) and social sciences aspects of energy research. Research activities are carried out in close collaboration between research groups, trade and industry, and public administration, and key tasks include international cooperation and researcher training.
MoZEES focuses on the development of new battery and hydrogen materials, systems, and future applications to be used within the transport sector (roads, tracks and at sea).
- Hosted by the Institute for Energy Technology with Øystein Ulleberg as Centre Director
- Participants from UiO include the Centre for Materials Science and Nanotechnology and UiO:Energy
SuSoltech does research on how to develop the world´s most environmentally friendly and effective solar cells.
- Hosted by the Institute for Energy Technology with Erik Marstein as Centre Director
- Participants from UiO include the Centre for Materials Science and Nanotechnology and the Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture
NCCS is a national and international partnership for carbon capture and storage (CCS). It consists of operators, suppliers, and reserachers who work towards full-scale CCS projects and for the North Sea to become Europe´s CO2 depot.
- Hosted by SINTEF Energy Research with Mona Jacobsen Mølnvik as Centre Director
- Participants from UiO include the Department of Geosciences and the Scandinavian Institute of Maritime Law
NTRANS does research on the development of environmentally friendly energy from a social sciences perspective, focusing on interaction between technology and society.
- Hosted by NTNU with Asgeir Tomasgard as Centre Director
- Participants from UiO include the Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture
Include is working to provide knowledge on how we can create a socially just low-emission society through inclusive processes and close collaboration between academia and the public, private and voluntary sectors.
- Hosted by the University of Oslo with Tanja Winther as Centre Director.
- The Centre for Development and the Environment at UiO is hosting Include, and three other institutes at UiO are involved: the Department of Sociology and Human Geography, the Department of Education, and the Department of Political Science
NorthWind will bring forward outstanding research and innovation to create jobs and grow exports, as well as facilitating for the sustainable development of wind power.
- Hosted by SINTEF with John Olav Tande as Centre Director
- Participants from UiO include the Scandinavian Institute of Maritime Law