Book a Zoom session with UiO:Helpdesk
UiO's central IT support, UiO:Helpdesk, now offers Zoom sessions for students and employees.
How does the session work?
If you are experiencing IT problems that are related to work or studies, you may now book 20 minute Zoom sessions with UiO:Helpdesk. The session is meant for students and employees who are having problems that are difficult to solve over email, phone, and/or chat.
You may book a session between Tuesday and Friday between 11 am and 1 pm.
The session will be held over Zoom, and each session lasts for 20 minutes.
If you believe you require assistance that may take more than 20 minutes, then you may book two sessions consecutively.
Please book your session at least one day in advance.
How do I book a session?
- Go to the webpage https://tp.uio.no/ressurser/?type=1&rental=8&lang=en
- Log in with your UiO user (do not use WedID)
- Choose time and date.
- Before you click "Book", please add a comment about the IT issues you are experiencing.
What should I do before the Zoom session?
- Make sure you are logged in with your UiO account on Zoom, and not a guest account. See our guide for installing and logging into Zoom.
- Make sure that audio and video works before the session. See our guide for testing audio and video.
What should I do when the session starts?
Make sure you are logged in with your UiO user in Zoom by the time the session starts.
One of our operators will call you on Zoom when the session starts.
Are there other things I should consider?
Each session lasts 20 minutes. If the problems aren't solved within that time, another session will have to be booked as our operators will have to move on to the next session.