Register your card in the printing system
All employee and student cards are added to the printing service autoamtically. Please register your card only if you use a different card for collecting print-outs, for example if you work at an affiliated unit where you don't use standardized UiO cards.
1. Open the document you wish to print, choose Print or press CTRL+P.
2. Choose the printer queue you wish to send the document to. Find out which brand the printer has, and choose the printer queue that corresponds to the brand. If, during installation, you chose that the new printer queue should be the default printer, it will automatically be chosen. If not, click the printer name, "Change printer" or similar (it depends on the program you are printing from), and choose the printer queue in question:
- If you printing on a HP printer, choose \\pullprint\hp
- If you printing on a Ricoh printer, choose \\pullprint\ricoh
- If you printing on a Xerox printer, choose \\pullprint\xerox
3. Click on the Print button in the dialogue box.
The dialogue box will look different depending on what program you are printing from and the operative system on your computer.
4. When you have pressed Print for the very first time, you will get an e-mail. This e-mail contains a PUK code, an 8 digit number you need to enter on the printer the first time you are to release a Pullprint. Go to your e-mail and find the message with subject: SafeCom PUK Code. It looks like this:
5. Write down the PUK code, and bring it and your employee/student card to the printer you wish to get the print from.
NB: The very first time this is done, you need to choose a printer with a screen, so that you can enter the PUK and PIN codes.
Find the card reader on the printer. It can be connected to the printer with a cable and look like this:
Or be integrated as in the picture below. Look for the SafeCom logo.
6. Put your card against the card reader, and remove it when you hear a beep. You can now register as a user. Do this by entering the PUK code on the screen on the printer. If you are asked to also enter username and password when registering on the printer, use your UiO username and password.
- Note: If the screen for writing in the PUK code is not visible on the printer, press the button that shows a dark screen at the bottom button row to the left of the screen.
7. When you have entered the PUK code, you will be asked to enter a PIN code. The PIN code is 1234 for everyone at UiO. You need to enter the PIN code twice.
Note: If you are having difficulties writing on the touch screen, you can use the number keyboard on the printer.
8. When you have given PUK and PIN, the following screen is shown. Press Pull Print.
9. A list of the documents you have sent to print is shown. If you want to print all, choose Skriv ut alle (print all). If you want to print one or less than all, press the documents you wish to print, and then Skriv ut (print). If you have sent documents you no longer need to print, select them and press Slett (delete). If you delete this way, only the print is deleted, not the document on your computer. When you have printed and/or deleted your prints, press Tilbake (back).
10. By pressing Tilbake (back) you go to the options screen. Press Logg ut (log out) at the bottom right corner so that no one else get access to documents you send to print.
- The next time you print, you do not need the PUK or PIN. You simply go to the printer, use your card and choose Pull Print as shown above. If the options screen for Pullprint does not show when you have used your card, press the button that shows a dark screen at the bottom button row to the left of the screen on the printer
Note: Prints that are not released within 24 hours, will be deleted.