Handling Consent Form Data in TSD
Last updated on 31 January 2020 by Milen Kouylekov.
This guide walks you through the process of handling consent form data already delivered in TSD.
The delivery of consents is done through Nettskjema. In order a Nettskjema form to be considered a consent form it must:
- Provide a way for clear identification for the consenter - a consent form can not be anonymous by design. The usual means of identification is Norwegian ID number
- Ask the consenter one or more consent questions with binary response - yes or no.
The question should describe the consent acquisition goal (processing data etc.). If the consenter responds with yes to a question we consider this as giving consent for the question the consent is considered granted.
The Consent System is a tool that provides TSD projects an easy framework for search consent data and enables consenters (person that completes the consent form) the ability to view and revoke given consents in compliance with the Norwegian and European data protection laws.
The form registration is a process in which the project manager registers the consent form in the Consent System. To do that the administrator must log in:
https://p01-consent-portal.tsd.usit.no/forms (Portal inside TSD)
and fill in the registration form. (We plan to soon make this registration procedure automatic). Registering the form does not modify any of the collected data. Registration can be remove and re-registered at any time.
To register a form the administrator must fill in the following fields:
- Form ID - a numeric number of the consent form in Nettskjema
- Modification form ID - Consent form are often delivered with data collection. This is a Nettskjema form that is delivered to TSD but contains only the consent questions. It is used for consent modification.
- Form Title - The title of the form. It is show to the consenter in the external consent portal.
- Form Description - The title of the form. It is show to the consenter in the external consent portal.
- Consenter ID - the consenter id is the name of the column that contains the personal id of the consenter in the csv file delivered by Nettskjema.
- ID Type - The consenter id type. The consent system support two basic identities 1) Norwegian national id number 2) Dataporten Id
- Minor ID - In case your form supports giving consents for minors this field is the name of the column that contains the personal id of the minor in the csv file delivered by Nettskjema.
- References - A list of other columns from the csv file that can be used to query the consents. Example columns containing dataset numbers , samples names etc.
- Consent question - The consent questions of the form. The consent question is defined by 3 fields 1) Question Attribute - the the name of the column that contains the answer of the consent question in the csv file; 2) Question text - a small text that explains what was the actual question; 3) Granted Value - a value used to designate a positive answer (yes, ja , 1 ....)
The consent query portal is a quick tool to navigate through consents. It contains a simple search interface for navigation.
https://p01-consent-portal.tsd.usit.no/query (Portal inside TSD)
Them consent question portal provides support for searching consents by: 1) Consenter id; 2) Minor Id; 3) Consent question values Yes/no; 4) Any of the reference attributes.
The import consent portal is a portal for manually entering consents gathered not digitally.
https://p01-consent-portal.tsd.usit.no/import (Portal inside TSD)
The import portal allows the project members to write fill in the required information in the consent portal. The responsibility for storing the scanned consents in TSD remains with the project administrators.
The portal on which the consenter can view the consents delivered to tsd is :
The consenters can view all the consents delivered to TSD by any Nettskjema form in any project.