FileSender is a web based application that allows authenticated users to securely and easily send large files to other users.
There is a 2 GB browser limit for browsers not supporting html5.
It is a collaborative effort of the national research networks of Norway (Uninett), Ireland (Heanett), Australia (Aarnet) and Nederlands (Surfnet) and is available to Feide users at filesender.uio.no
The purpose of this software is to enable researchers and research groups to share data among themselves. In a way this service is a replacement for the old anonymous ftp method of sharing data. With this service researchers can send a large file to someone, have that file available for download for a certain number of downloads and/or a certain amount of time, and after that automatically delete the file. The software is not intended as a permanent file publishing platform.
Terms and conditions of use
- Your use of the UiO FileSender Service (Service) is governed by your institution's IT regulations
- The Service is governed by Norwegian law. You will only use this Service for purposes in accordance with Norwegian laws and regulations, in particular those laws and regulations pertaining to intellectual property rights (copyright)
- You will refrain from any use that threatens the availability of the Service
- The Service is provided "as-is" and delivered on a best-effort basis, any warranties and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed.
- Send arbitrarily large files from a user to one or more other users. Tested with files up to 1000GB
- Pause/resume download.
- Integrates with various authentication (Feide, OpenID).
- Automatic deletion of shared files after 20 days.
- Upload vouchers to allow users without an account to upload a file.
- Self-explanatory interface (see screenshots).
- Built on html5 and Flash. No Java needed.
FileSender is developed to the requirements of the higher education and research community.
FileSender is released under the BSD license. It is open source software and available for free.