This document gives you a step-by-step description of how to record a lecture using this service.
Start the application
- Make sure that you are logged in to your own UiO user on the computer in the auditorium.
- Please ensure that display is set to maximum 100% and that screen resolution is at maximum 1920 x 1080.
- Click on the "Forelesningsopptak" icon on the desktop to start the application, or find the application in the start menu.
Choose subject or lecture
- Choose which subject you are teaching under "Select course".
- Choose the correct lecture under "Select lecture"
Recording a lecture
- Click the red button to start recording the lecture (see figure 3). Once you have clicked the button, your screen and the sound from the microphone will start recording. The application is minimized and will be available to you from the task bar on the bottom of your screen or from a minimized menu. Here you can pause, continue or stop the recording (figure 4 and 5).
- When you are done recording, click the stop button.
Uploading recordings to the timetable
Changing the title of a recording
Before the recording is uploaded you can change the title of the recording (see figure 9). The title is the name of the link of the recording that will appear in the timetable on the semester page.
You can choose whether to upload the recording published or unpublished on the semester page (see figure 9). If the recording is published, it will be available in the timetable from the moment it is uploaded. If the recording is uploaded unpublished, it will not be available in the timetable until it is published. Access to the recordings is managed by the rights in the Vortex folder.
Uploading the recording
Click "Upload" to upload the recording to the semester page.'
Once you have clicked the "Upload" button, you will get status information about the upload.
After the upload
Once the upload is finished, you will receive an e-mail to your UiO user with information about where the recording has been uploaded and whether it is published or unpublished.
Once the recording has been published, it will be availabe in a folder, "Lecture recordings" on the semester page. Based on the date of the lecture, the recording will be uploaded to the course timetable.