Tips and advice
Sign up for the correct test
If you are not sure which tests you need, or whether you need to test at all, contact the admissions office of the course or institution you are applying to.
Before you sign up for a test
- Register as early as you can. Dates and places for tests are limited.
- Remember to allow for the time it will take for your results to become available and sent to institutions.
Preparing for your test
- Find out all you can about the test, how it is constructed, what it focuses on.
- Check what information and practice materials are available on the test's website.
- Buy and use practice tests. Train for the test by taking them under similar conditions.
- Take tests regularly well in advance of your test. DON'T wait until the last week - or the night before!
- Remember that entrance tests are designed for native English speakers. TOEFL/IELTS are a fairer measure of your English-language skills!
Taking the test
- Get a good night's sleep and eat a good breakfast.
- Try not to panic during the test. Pace yourself.
- Relax and do your best!