The University's buildings are spread out over four parts of Oslo. The main campus, Blindern, is located on the western outskirts of the city centre.
Faculties and administration
At the main campus you will find the administration for The Faculty of Humanities, the Faculty of Social Sciences, the Faculty of Education, the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences and the Faculty of Theology. The central administration for the University is also located at the main campus.
Libraries and book shop
On Blindern campus you will find student and employee welfare services and student organisations, and several shops and cafeterias.
- In Kristian Ottosens hus you find the SiO Customer Service Centre (sio.no) which provides information about student welfare services, student housing services and student cards.
- You will also find a sports centre on campus, Athletica Blindern (sio.no).The main students sports centre, Athletica Domus (sio.no), is located at Vestgrensa, a ten-minute walk from Blindern Campus.
- The Foundation for Student Life in Oslo (SiO) is in charge of welfare services such as the Student Councelling and the Student Health Centre with general practitioners, nurses, psychiatrists, psychologist and dentists. These services are located on the second floor of Kristian Ottosens hus on Blindern Campus. Please see SiO Health Services (sio.no).
Shops and cafeterias
At Blindern campus there are several student cafeterias where you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner, or just a coffee. The largest cafeteria, Frederikke, is located on the second floor of the Frederikke building.
In the Frederikke building there is also:
- supermarket with post services,
- several smaller restaurants,
- a coffee shop,
- bakery where you can buy bread, pastries, pizza and more.
If you are looking for a part time job or if you are starting to plan for your career, you should visit the Career Centre, also located in the Fredrikke building.
How to get to campus
From the city centre you can easily get to campus by metro (T-bane) number 4 eller 5. The metro stops at Blindern and Forskningsparken.
You can also get to Blindern by tram number 17 or 18. The tram stops at Universitetet Blindern and Forskningsparken.
Getting around at UiO
Read more about our buildings, see where to park your car, or where to find city bikes at our maps over university areas.