Police registration for non-EU/EEA citizens
Register and book an appointment with the police on Wednesday 14 August.
Police registration help
The Oslo Police Department will be present at UiO one day during the semester start to register students and book your appointment with the police. Detailed information about the registration help will be published here.
If you attend the police registration help, you do not need to book an appointment on the UDI application portal.
If you arrive in Oslo after the semester start
If you cannot attend the police registration help or arrive after 14 August you must register with the police within 7 days and book an appointment on your own:
- Register your arrival and book an appointment with the police on https://selfservice.udi.no/ or by calling tel: 22 34 21 00. See the updated opening hours here.
- In the online portal, choose: Oslo Police District, Department of Immigration
Bring the following documents for your appointment:
- Passport or national ID card
- Address in Norway written on a piece of paper
- Receipt from the SiO Deposit Account (if applicable)
If you have not obtained a residence permit before coming to Norway
- You need to submit an online application and book an appointment on https://selfservice.udi.no/
- Bring with you all required documents: See UDI list of documents you must hand in (udi.no)