Health services and counselling
The student health centre has general practitioners, nurses, psychiatrists, psychologist and dentists ready to see patients on an appointment basis and to deal with emergencies.
Health-info for all students
- Students who are going to stay in Norway for more than 6 months, and are registered in the National Registry, will be assigned a General Practitioner (GP).
- You can contact your GP when you need a health check or a consultation.
- If needed, the GP will refer you to a specialist or a hospital for further treatment.
- All patients pay a consultation fee when visiting their GP.
SiO Health services
General practitioner at SiO
International students who qualify for registration in the Norwegian National Registry can choose to be assigned a General Practitioner (GP) at SiO.
If you are a student under 40 years old, you are welcome to use SIO dentist services at student friendly rates.
SiO has a team of professional counsellors who can help you sort out your thoughts if you need someone to talk to. For further information, please contact Student Counselling.
Get refund for your health expenses
As a regular GP patient at SiO, you can get your expenses reimbursed if they exceed NOK 350,- per calendar year. You are welcome to apply to get all your health expenses reimbursed, as long as the clinic is approved for co-pay (Egenandelstak 1 at HELFO).
For urgent medical matters
- Emergency number: 113
- Oslo emergency ward (Legevakten): 116117
- Crisis services in case of assault or other traumatic experiences (Sosial Vakttjeneste, situated at Legevakten): 23487090