Documentation requirements - China
- Note that some programmes require documentation that is not listed below; please refer to the relevant programme description for detailed information. Recommendation letters are never required.
- Which category you choose is not relevant. Documents that do not fall under the other categories can be uploaded under "other documents" as "letters". This might apply to your passport, course descriptions etc.
- Please follow our guidelines for uploading documents, and name your uploaded files as suggested in the tables below.
|Scan of passport or ID card||
Please note that only a copy of the ID-page is required.
Name the pdf file passport or idcard.
|Documentation of name change (if applicable)||
Documentation of name change must be uploaded if your name differs from your passport in any of your documentation.
Name the pdf file namechange.
|Documentation of English language proficiency||
Documentation of English language proficiency must be documented by an internationally recognised English language proficiency test.
Name the pdf file english.
Documentation of financing
|Documentation of financing (if applicable)||
Non-EU/EEA applicants must document financing with their application. Not applicable for EU/EEA citizens, Nordic citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence permit in Norway.
Name the pdf file financing.
Secondary education / High School
School leaving certificate:
A scan of the original diploma/certificate must be uploaded.
Name the pdf file secondary.
Transcript of records:
学业水平考试 (Xuéyè shuiping cèshi)
A scan of the original transcript of records must be uploaded.
Name the pdf file secondary-transcr.
Verification reports in English from CHESICC or CDGDC
Verification reports for your graduation certificate and transcript of records from CHESICC.
Please make sure that the reports include the "online verification code".
As of 1 July 2018, CDGDC no longer provides verification reports of transcript of records or degree certificates in English, but if you already have verification reports for your degree certificate and transcript of records issued before 1 July 2018 from CDGDC, you can use these reports instead of ordering new reports from CHESICC.
Please make sure that the CDGDC reports include the "file number".
How to submit the reports
For more information about the services provided by these offices, please contact them directly.
The reports (including the verified academic records/transcript of records) must be scanned and uploaded to the application portal by the applicant, or sent directly by the verification office to the Office for Admissions and Student Exchange using the following address:
The University of Oslo
Name your pdf file(s) verif-bachelor / verif-bachelor-graduationcert / verif-bachelor-transcr
If you hold a master's degree you should also provide verification reports for graduation certificate and transcript of records from CHESICC or your master's degree diploma/certificate and transcript of records from CDGDC.
Name your pdf file(s) verif-master / verif-master-graduationcert / verif-master-transcr
(degree diploma, transcript of records and graduation certificate)
Scans of your original bachelor degree diploma, transcript of records and graduation certificate must be uploaded.
If you hold a master's degree you should also upload scans of your original master's degree diploma, transcript of records and graduation certificate.
Name your pdf file(s) bachelor / bachelor-graduationcert / bachelor-transcr / master / master-graduationcert / master-transcr
If the language of the original documents is not English, official translations made by an authorized translator must be enclosed. Please note that the original language versions must always accompany the translations.
Name your pdf file(s) bachelortransl / bachelortransl-transcr / bachelortransl-gradcert/ mastertransl / mastertransl-transcr / mastertransl-gradcert
Important about documentation:
- You are responsible for uploading all required documentation, as well as ensuring that it is uploaded within the application deadline. As it may take several weeks for institutions and test centres to provide transcripts and/or test scores, please arrange for these documents to be issued as soon as possible.
- You are liable for your uploaded documents, i.e. that they represent true and unaltered information.
- Wrongful or misleading information may lead to dismissal and loss of right to study, according to § 7 of Regulations governing studies and examinations at the University of Oslo.
- Submission of fraudulent documents is illegal, and will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- A random selection of students will be asked to present their original documents before starting their studies.
- Please note that we maintain the right to contact institutions, firms, associations and government agencies for the purpose of explanation and/or verification of uploaded documents.