Documentation requirements - United Kingdom
- UiO only recognizes Honours degrees with passed credits amounting to a minimum of 180 ECTS credits (360 CATS).
- Have you completed a transnational bachelor's programme? UiO might not recognize degrees validated by UK universities.
- Please note that you are not exempt from submitting an English test if you have studied at a UK university branch campus outside the UK or through online/distance studies.
- Note that some programmes require documentation that is not listed below; please refer to the relevant programme description for detailed information.
- All applicants must upload scanned copies of their supporting documents to SøknadsWeb, the University of Oslo's online application system.
- Please name your uploaded files as suggested in the tables below, and please follow our guidelines for uploading documents.
|Copy of passport or ID card||
Please note that only a copy of the ID-page is required.
Name the pdf file passport or idcard.
|Documentation of name change (if applicable)||
Documentation of name change must be uploaded if your name differs from your passport in any of your documentation.
Name the pdf file namechange.
|Documentation of English language proficiency||
Applicants who have completed a minimum of one year's university studies in academic subjects in the UK are exempt from submitting an English language test.
Please note that you are not exempt from submitting an English test if you have studied at a UK university branch campus outside the UK or through online/distance studies.
|What to submit||How to submit|
Documentation of completed secondary education
A scanned copy of the original diploma/certificate must be uploaded.
Name the pdf file secondary.
|What to submit||How to submit|
Final bachelor's degree certificate(s) and Diploma Supplement
A scanned copy of the original document must be uploaded. If you hold a master's degree you should also upload your original master's degree diploma as well as the bachelor's degree diploma.
Name your pdf file(s) bachelor / master / diplomasupplement
Transcript of records for your bachelor's degree
You must upload a scanned copy of the original transcript/academic record. You must also submit separate transcripts for courses/modules from other institutions included in your degree, such as exchange semesters, transfer credits or in cases of admission to a bachelor’s program due to advanced standing.
If you hold a master's degree you should also upload a transcript of records for your master's degree.
If your institution uses Digitary or GradIntel, you must provide a valid weblink for verification. Please indicate UiO as a third party recipient. Document access information should be sent to international[a]admin.uio.no. For Digitary, please upload a document with the weblink to SøknadsWeb.
Name your pdf file(s) bachelortranscr / mastertranscr
|Courses to be completed||
Are you completing your degree/relevant courses in the same semester as the application deadline?
Within the application deadline you must upload:
Within the deadline for supplementary documents you must upload:
Only applicable for Nordic and EU/EEA/Swiss Citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence permit in Norway.
Name the pdf file course-completion
If the language of the original document is not English, an official translation made by an authorized translator must be uploaded.
Name your pdf file(s) bachelortransl / mastertransl.
Important about documentation:
- You are responsible for uploading all required documentation, as well as ensuring that it is uploaded within the application deadline. As it may take several weeks for institutions and test centres to provide transcripts and/or test scores, please arrange for these documents to be issued as soon as possible.
- You are liable for your uploaded documents, i.e. that they represent true and unaltered information.
- Wrongful or misleading information may lead to dismissal and loss of right to study, according to § 7 of Regulations governing studies and examinations at the University of Oslo.
- Submission of fraudulent documents is illegal, and will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- A random selection of students will be asked to present their original documents before starting their studies.
- Please note that we maintain the right to contact institutions, firms, associations and government agencies for the purpose of explanation and/or verification of uploaded documents.