When to apply
Study programmes starting in August
- The application portal opens 1 February.
- The application deadline is 15 April (1 March if you qualify for an early result)
For applications to European Master in Health Economics and Management, different deadlines and admissions procedures must be followed.
Study programmes starting in January
- The application portal opens 15 September.
- The application deadline is 15 October.
1. Are you qualified for the programme you want to apply to?
Does your academic background meet the admission requirements? You should thoroughly research prospective programmes and their specific admission requirements.
You can apply to up to three prioritized programmes.
2. Do you meet our English language requirements?
Are you taking an English language test? Please be aware that:
- IELTS and TOEFL test dates fill up quickly.
- Be sure to schedule your test in time for the results to reach us within the application deadline:
- 15 April for study programmes starting in August
- 15 October for study programmes starting in January
3. Preparing your application
Make sure that you have all the required documents ready, and that they are in the correct format (pdf).
In the application portal you may agree to have your results imported from other Norwegian instiutions (not BI). If you agree to this you must check that your results are available under "external results" in the application portal.
4. Completing your degree/relevant courses in the application semester?
Within the application deadline 15 April/ 15 October you must upload:
- a list of the courses you are registered for this semester with the expected date for completion
You can document that you are taking subjects this semester by uploading either a screenshot of your subject registrations for this semester from your student portal, your own statement of subjects you are taking this semester or a confirmation from your institution.
- your higher education completed to date, documented as described in the documentation requirements.
Remember to upload your final transcripts by 7 December for studies starting in January, or 1 July for studies starting in August.
5. Registering your application
The application portal is now closed.
Apply in our application periods:
- 1 February - 15 April for studies starting in August
- 15 September - 15 October for studies starting in January
- 1 February - 1 March for early reply for studies starting in August and for European Master in Health Economics and Management
All supporting documents must reach us within the application deadline. Your application will be considered invalid if you have not uploaded any supporting documents within the deadline. Invalid applications will not be processed.
6. Reprioritize your alternatives
You may reprioritize your three programmes until
- 1 July for studies starting in August
- 7 December for studies starting in January
If you are offered admission to your first priority you will not be offered admission to your second priority.
7. Getting your application results
You will receive your application results within
- 6 July for studies starting in August
- 14 December for studies starting in January.
When the admission results are ready you will be notified through your registered e-mail address. You will then be able to see the result of your application in UiO's application portal.
If you are offered admission to a study programme, you will be given a short deadline to respond.