Job Search Workshop
The Career Services at the University of Oslo offers a 3 hour workshop on job search in Norway. The presentation will be in English, and is aimed at international students looking for a full time, professional job in Norway. (Meetings on part time jobs are offered at the start of every semester).
Topics that will be addressed in the workshop are:
- Job opportunities in Norway for graduates who don’t master Norwegian as a working language
- Strategies for job searching
- “Do’s” and “don’ts” in Norwegian recruitment processes
- How to write a good CV and cover letter – “Norwegian style”
Sign up through the activity calendar. The workshop will be open for registration four weeks in advance. NB! there will be maximum 32 participants at the workshop.
If you already have a good understanding of Norwegian, you are welcome to participate on the Career Services’ “Jobbsøkerkurs” rather than the workshop in English.
Job Interview workshop
A job interview is an integral part of the job application process. Attend the job interview workshop if you would like to learn more about the Norwegian job interview.
In this workshop:
- You will learn how to how to prepare for a Norwegian job interview and handle job interview questions
- You will learn how to efficiently present your competencies and motivation.
- You will get to practice interview questions
In order to participate you need to bring a copy of a job advertisement, preferably for a position that you would like to apply for.
NB! there will be maximum 25 participants at the workshop. Sign up through the activity calendar. The workshop will be open for registration four weeks in advance.