Candidates instructions for digital examinations
Are you preparing for a written examination on paper? Read the candidates instructions for written examinations on paper instead. See also information about the use of wristwatches during examinations.
1. Before the examination
- Remember to bring a valid picture ID (student identity card, passport, driving licence or bank card).
- Outer clothing, bags, handbags and similar items must be placed in the designated area. Mobile phones, smartwatches and other electronic equipment must be turned off and packed away, and must not be kept in outer clothing or pockets. Wristwatches must also be put away and not kept in outer clothing or pockets.
- Contact an invigilator immediately if you have problems with logging in.
- Inspera: Log in with your username and password to the desktop computer and the digital examination system.
- Questionmark Perception (QP): Log in using the username and password from the log-in sheet on your desk.
2. During the examination
- At the start of the examination only writing implements, permitted examination support materials and food/drink should be on the desk.
- The senior supervisor will come around with a list of candidates with candidate numbers. You must sign the list of candidates and produce a valid ID.
- You may not leave your desk unless accompanied by an invigilator. If you would like to take a break, raise your hand and wait until an invigilator arrives.
- Any communication between candidates, or anyone else you meet during a break, is prohibited.
- Breach of the rules may be regarded as cheating or attempted cheating. This may lead to annulment of the examination and exclusion from UiO and other Norwegian universities and university colleges for a period of up to one year.
3. Withdrawing from an examination
You can withdraw from an examination 30 minutes at the earliest after the examination has started, and only after your ID has been verified. Contact the senior supervisor and provide your signature to confirm that you wish to withdraw from the examination. Do not submit the answer. Withdrawal during an examination counts as an examination attempt.
4. Illness during an examination
If you become ill during the examination and are unable to complete, you can withdraw from the examination. Contact the senior supervisor and provide your signature to confirm that you wish to withdraw from the examination. Do not submit the answer paper.
For the withdrawal caused by illness to be registered as legitimate absence, you must visit a doctor immediately upon leaving the examination venue. A medical certificate must be issued on the day of the examination indicating whether the illness arose during the exam. The medical certificate, accompanied by an application for a re-scheduled examination if applicable, should be sent or submitted to the faculty that is responsible for the examination within the normal deadlines. Authorized legitimate absence does not count as an examination attempt.
5. When you have finished
- Inspera: You submit in Inspera when you have finished. Contact an invigilator when you have finished in order for them to see on your desktop screen that you have submitted. After the invigilator has verified your submission you log out of the desktop computer.
- Questionmark Perception (QP): You submit your answers continuously. Contact an invigilator for permission to leave the examination venue when you have finished. Remember to log out of the desktop computer.